How often I found where I should be going only by setting out for somewhere else. R. Buckminster Fuller

Thursday 24 April 2008

ABC Mirror-Maze


Started work on Tuesday in Mach-Mit, ran a fossil workshops and played in the Mirror-maze…..yeah, that’s right, a real Mirror-maze! Sent those TQ kiddos over to play here I would say next time they look at you like you just shot there puppy when you need to say again ‘No, sorry…we don’t have it anymore’ and than very enthusiastic start selling the ‘Flying Mirror’. ‘Yeah right, that’s not the same dude’, is what they than actually want to say... but never do.

Another cool thing of Mach-Mit is that it’s in an old church -that is still partly in tact- next to a Puppet Theatre in Prenzlauer Berg, a very trendy aria of Berlin. There are loads of second hand shops, bars, parks and funky people. It’s quite full on, the first two days it made me a bit uncomfortable when I walked round in my ABC QYZ jumper, felt a bit like an outsider -started in the Firt man by the way, thank you Kess! But am not going to spend 20 euros on a ‘vintage’ H&M. Saw a good charity shops this morning when I cycled to work on Schönhauser Allee, it had a big 1 Euro sign above loads of racks. That’s more my style.

The theme in the Museum is Energy and alternative energy resources. Translated ‘How to make a Solar-Powered Oven with a Pizza box’ into German and they loved it. Going to make a test model tomorrow or Saturday. …thought I got rid of the weekend work…NOT!

No comments: