How often I found where I should be going only by setting out for somewhere else. R. Buckminster Fuller

Friday 23 January 2009

Concrete heaven


After a very beautiful journey of almost 2 days, through 5 countries and 4 different trains I got safely to my new Home. On the way I didn't have any time to write. I was or sleeping, admiring the view, reading or chatting with people I met on the way. Especially the last train was amazing, brought me from Budapest to Bucharest over night. We, a lady from Bucharest and I, got woken up twice at the border with Romania. For some reason they want to check your passport in Hungary and again 20 minutes later in Romania. It was quite exciting because the lady in Hungary checking my passport was stunning; amazing uniform, beautiful brown eyes with perfect black thick eye-liner that made her look very strict. She thoroughly checked my details and stamps and made me feel like a 6 year old handing in homework....please tell me it's all good and I can move on to the next chapter.

Slept very well, had my earplugs against the noise of the train and was very lucky to only share the coupe with one other lady -the night train from Utrecht to Munich was packed and all the 6 beds were taken. I woke up when just before Brasov, Transylvania, looked outside and...and...didn't do anything or moved. It was the most beautiful sunrise I had ever seen, too beautiful to describe or to capture on a photo. Impossible! Just imagine the Carpathians in a reddish glow whilst riding through snowy mountains passing little villages. Will try to explain better soon because we will be going back to this aria on Sunday for a weeks training, staying in a village thats called Predeal that lies on the foot of Romanians highest mountain: Omul, 2050m

Anyway, there I one more thing you need to know about Brasov. It's very funny I think and couldn't believe my eyes. From the centre of Brasow you can see in 'Hollywood style' Brasov written in the hills. The best!

The house I'm living is quite central, close to underground, shops,the office and so on. It's nice, its concrete and I already feel at home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, Judith...I like the way you described your journey...Romania, (including all its cities) is a place of contrasts...you may like it today, but tomorrow, you may simply feel disgusted...you may see a beautiful park with a nice view, but at the next corner you'll probably see some garbage or some beggars or a dog's pooh, why not? You have to develop your selective observation in order to take mostly the good parts of it, and make up its bad parts...
and, Omu is not the biggest peak in Romania. It's Negoiu, that has 2544 meters, and it's in Fagaras. You should see Fagaras region, it's heaven on Earth.
Kisses and hugs, see you around!
Diana (Didi), ArfFusion

Nicoleta said...

hei!
love the pic you chose for this post! :X