How often I found where I should be going only by setting out for somewhere else. R. Buckminster Fuller

Wednesday 8 July 2009

Who's that girl...







And what is she actually doing... besides eating a tomato?


I realize that for the past few months I actually haven’t described what it is I’m actually doing here.

Yeah, you probably know I live in Bucharest and am part of this European Voluntary scheme....

but what does that tell you? Not much.


Because I haven’t updated my blog for quite some time, and not everybody has been following me like an Elvis hawk, some question marks will appear. Maybe I can clear things up. I will try at least.


So, at the moment I just found out my next meeting is going to be late and I made myself comfortable at Piatia Unirii on a bench next to the fountain. I was supposed to meet this lady at KFC, best meeting point after Pillars, but she was held up at the dentist. I bought myself a big bottle of ice tea and started to make a list of the things I have done last week.


This is not that simple task, trust me please. It's ended up being a quite a random list of things that have all in common being passionate and having loads of fun.... of course. It needs to fits into the way I want to live, but I wont try to explain which way that is. A few things that occurred; Lorena, a short term volunteer from Spain, and I locked ourselves in for most of the weekend making promo stop-motion animations for the next Art-Fusion festival. It was great. Not all are finished...yet.


check: vimeo.com/5453367


I also tried to finish off my Forum Theatre retrospective but got lost somewhere in the middle. Focus!


Valters -my great and at the moment only house mate/ fellow EVS- and I started our research about how people see Bucharest. It became clear, after a couple of months of living here, that the contrast between people that love and hate his city is very big. This intrigued us, as you probably noticed in some of my previous stories. Valters had the idea to incorporate creative writing into it and we got in contact with another small NGO, Art-Perspective, that represents Loesje Romania. Of course you know Loesje…www.loesje.org

On our request they ran a creative writing workshop last Sunday which we analysed and really want to discuss. That’s why I’m waiting; the KFC lady is from Art-perspective. Will meet Valters in front of the mutated chicken center.


Tonight we will hopefully manage to get some rough drafts for the posters that we want to use in our documentary. We basically want to use the posters as a starting point for a debate about the image of Bucharest with people on the streets. Wonder how it will go. We need to hurry a bit because I will be out of the country in a few days, this Sunday eve I will leave for a weeks training course about improvisation theatre in Serbia. Yay! Together with the Forum Theatre experience, Art-Fusion projects -and another training I’m attending in Latvia coming August- I want to write a project that I can implement after leaving Romania the end of September. It’s still in progress but will involve young creative people that have fewer opportunities. My EVS finishes at the end of September…not quite sure where to go, but know quite well what to do. Is that not the most important?


Only the funding I should figure out pretty soon, which county will give me some money??

Am confident it will work out, as long as I stay focused. It doesn’t just happen. Do worry sometimes -too much- about what to do, but then someone summarises my way of living and it all becomes clear again. I do exactly what I want to do.


I'll tell you about my Gypsy fascination another time. I have been wearing some traditional clothes and had some unexpected reactions and weird confrontations.


Stuffz and Love.

No comments: