How often I found where I should be going only by setting out for somewhere else. R. Buckminster Fuller

Tuesday 11 November 2008

2 kilos heavier and 3 days later

On the train again, intercity to Budapest. Relaxed and comfortable in one of those 6 persons coupes with two other ladies. In the hallway there is a little boy looking through the window, or at least trying because he is just about tall enough. It looks like he's playing the piano on one of the stools. I can see him mumble and frown his face like he is on the verge of composing something brilliant.
Was supposed to leave Debrecen an hour earlier but last nights pancake party was hard to end..
At the moment I'm not quite sure how to feel, excited or scared. Can I handle the big city, but more important, will I survive Monday? I hate Mondays, but not for the conventional not-want-to-start-work-again reasons. What the hell do I need to do with my day when all the museums are closed? I know that there is enough sightseeing to do, but I'm there not that long and already have quite a list of exhibitions I want to see. Why can't they not just be open 24 hours a day? Tesco can so I don't see the problem.
There was this horrible -havent seen anything like it before- Tesco Megastore Yeal (my Debrecen host) directed me to for pancake shopping. Thought I might find some good Tesco value foodcolouring, so instead of going to the cornershop I walked a bit further to Tesco land. Not only they didnt have foodcolouring -no fancy pancakes- it also made me feel sick and uncomfortable. Looked like a small colony that could litterly sustain without leaving the premises. Am surprised Tesco is not in the housing business yet and building small shoe box like apartments and special Tesco schools on an extra floor. Needed gps to find the Nutella but got there eventually.
Unlike Tesco Ive been fortunate again to find a host in the Center of town, a stone trow away from the main museums. Last Friday I did the Deri Museum -with beautiful work of Mihaly Munkacsy, the 'painter of the puszta'- and Saturday Debrecens Contemporary art museum Modem. Both of them amazing! The Russian contemporary art catalog made me 2 kilos heavier.

No comments: