How often I found where I should be going only by setting out for somewhere else. R. Buckminster Fuller

Tuesday 11 November 2008

Go, but think about it.

Budapest is so enchantingly beautiful that you might consider not going on your own. The stunning lights in the nigh and massif buildings are extremly suited to share with a loved one -as a wise lady ones said "I save some cities to visit with mister right." Gemma, I still disagree but this city made me remember your words.Just visited the Hungarian National Gallery that is a massif building on top of the Castle Hill. It lies on the edge of the hill and overlooks both Buda en Pest. As I left the building, after a couple of hours wandering past the great Hungarian painters, I briefly stopped breathing. I was completely alone -museums are generaly for some strange reason empty- on this great squar with a balcony facing the illuminated city. I was impressed about what I saw inside, but this view couldnt be captured -Not even by a tousant canvasses or pictures- and needs to be experienced right there. If you are secretly a romantic -like me- you should go and see it for yourself.It made me feel a litle bit as fragile and yet so real as the paintings Mihaly Munkacsy -a famous Hungarian realist painter that captures the beauty of everyday live, ordinary peole and landcsapes in such a way that it sucks you in and make you stare at them for hours. His Thunderstorms made the hallways windy and The tramps of the night followed me down hill as I made my way back home. My fear for Budapest disapeard. Even yesterday -horrible monday- turned into an extremly plesant and relaxing day of bathing, sweating and freezing in a lovely old Thermal spa build in 1570. It has this wonderfull skylit central dome that that you see the sun shining through from the main bath -looked a bit like little auroras through my dampy glasses. Ladies day was heaven so I stayed there for most of the day.

No comments: